E cig has become a much common and accepted part of our daily life. The modern take on smoking is a way more stylish and a shift towards a healthier life style. A basic description of e cig kit would come in handy in understanding its constitution, working and usefulness.
How E Cigs Work
An e cig is a battery powered inhaling device that can be used as an effective alternative to traditional smoking. The exterior look of e cigs is a total replica of traditional cigarettes, even the end glows red when you inhale adding to the realistic feel. The basic model is a 3 piece kit which consists of a mouthpiece/cartridge, a cartomizer/atomizer and last but not the least, a battery. The atomizer encases the liquid and the heating unit that heats up the liquid, resulting in the production of water based mist or vapors, which are inhaled by the smoker. The modern e cig industry boasts of a two piece model which ranks higher on the convenience factor.
The liquid in an ecig contains water, artificial flavoring, vegetable glycerine and propylene glycol. The nicotine in e cigs is pharmaceutical grade and is available in a range of strengths to suit individual requirements. The multiple flavor options include vanilla, coffee, menthol and even synthetic tobacco among others. You can even choose from nicotine free flavors. You can either refill your cartridges or can get disposable cartomizers. The battery, of course can be recharged.
The Benefits of E Cigs
What actually sets e cig apart from traditional cigarettes is its approach towards a healthier and far economical way of smoking. The customization factor regarding nicotine strength provides you with an option to lower your nicotine intake that can ultimately help you kick the habit altogether in the long run. You can choose from light, full flavoured and nicotine free cartridges. The nicotine concentration in e cigs is often compared with patch and other nicotine replacements, which is why e cig is considered as a smoking cessation aid.
The flavored liquid cartridges exuding good vapour volume gives you the option of smoking an e cig as long or as short you want. Even a few puffs can equal a realistic smoking experience and satisfy your cravings which would ultimately help you cut down the number of cigarettes that you smoked earlier.
Another benefit of e cigs is regarding release of harmful toxins in air. The toxic smoke released during traditional smoking is associated with harmful effects on heart, circulatory system, respiratory disorders and diseases like cancer. As there is no combustion of tobacco taking place, there is absolutely negative release of harmful by products in the environment. This implies that e cigs are totally safe with respect to second hand or passive smoking as it is a known fact that the toxic smoke can affect the non smokers in the same manner in which it affects the smokers. This is why e cigs are exempted from smoking ban as the water based vapors are directly inhaled by smokers without causing any harm to the environment or others by smoke odor, tar or harmful chemicals.
What to Look for When Buying an Electronic Cigarette?
Ecigs stay soft on your wallet as well. In comparison to traditional cigarettes, the savings are substantial. The cost can be reduced further by buying cartridges in bulk or re-filling them. You would any time prefer to refill rather than spend on buying a whole pack of traditional cigarettes! Although being easily available in mall booths and retail stores, online shopping of e cigs is more advantageous as you would not like to miss the discounts and coupons that can further reduce your expense. What’s more, online browsing helps you a great deal in zeroing on the best brand as you rest your decision after studying and comparing various features and customer reviews.
Now, when you have finally decided to shift to this healthier way of smoking, it’s time to choose the best e cig brand. You would surely want to know what to consider or what to look for in an e cig because the market is booming with hundreds of brands, each offering a unique experience. So, the time is just ripe to delve into the details that need to be considered while zeroing on a brand:
- Ease of use – It is your choice if you would like to opt the 3 piece or 2 piece kit. You can go for refills in the 3 piece where as in 2 piece, you need to replace the cartridge with a pre filled cartridge. The 3 piece has a reusable atomizer which runs the risk of getting clogged with repeated use and thus reduced performance level whereas the 2 piece comes with a fresh atomizer extending a fresh experience with each replacement.
- Batteries – Powerful and durable batteries can last whole day, without having to worry about time and again charging. It’s the lifeline of your e cig so the kit with multiple charging options like car adapter or wall adapter, should top your list so that you can charge the batteries anywhere.
- Quality of atomizer – It is best not to compromise on this as a low quality kit comes apart during the first time usage itself. A high quality kit, especially with warranty period is good bet.
- Vapor volume – A good vapour volume accounts for good performance in turn leading to a satisfactory, realistic smoking experience.
- Flavor options – Many e cig companies offer you to experiment with a range of flavours so you can try a variety before zeroing on the one that you like the most or you can always choose a flavour matching your mood.
- Nicotine concentration – From low, medium, high and zero concentrations available, it is your take on the nicotine strength you want for your e cig.
- Look – Of course, looks do matter for the people who prefer style!
Giving up smoking is certainly no cake walk but opting for a step towards quitting is great and appreciable. So, with the complete knowhow under your belt, it’s your take to ride the tide and experience a healthier way of smoking.